Far InfraRed (FIR) Sauna compliments all of our treatments.
For hundreds of years, people have recognized the therapeutic benefits of saunas. Everyone from Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, to modern researchers worldwide, have extolled the benefits of hypothermic therapy. Far-Infrared is a type of sauna that has far-greater benefits than regular steam or dry heat.
Why doctors recommend infrared
FIR Waves provide concentrated radiant energy, similar to that from the sun. When any tissue in the body is exposed to the FIR waves, whether radiated by sunlight, reflected by specially coated fabrics or ceramic panels, there is a rapid increase in warmth which can be shown by a thermograph. This heat plus the activation of several other response mechanisms stimulates the healing processes.
- Increase blood flow by promoting dilation (expansion) of the micro-circulatory system of capillaries.
- Reduce muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated.
- Remove toxins from the site receiving FIR waves.
- Assist in the reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow.
- Reduce soreness through direct action on both free nerve endings in tissues and on peripheral nerves.